How to define guality gate in sonarqube for high Security Hotspots in a project

I have install the sonarqube(version=8.0.0+463) using helm chart (Sonarsource Chart Repository) on EKS cluster and onboarded some projects.

I want to define quality gate by which i want to fail the quality check on the basis of Review priority:

HIGH Security Hotspots in my project during analysis of project. (Review priority:MEDIUM or LOW will be OK for me.)

Tring to achieve same as shown in screenshot what will be the threshold for same or am i doing wrong .

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

I don’t understand why you would start with 8.0.0. Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.0 → 8.9.10 → 9.9 → 10.1 (last step optional)

You may find these resources helpful:

If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If your error persists after upgrade, please come back to us.

Ann

Hello G Ann Campbell
Thanks for reply .
I am not facing any issue in upgrading Sonarqube version.

I have below use case .

I want to define quality gate by which i want to fail the quality check on the basis of Review priority:

HIGH Security Hotspots in my project during analysis of project. (Review priority:MEDIUM or LOW will be OK for me.)

Will we able to archive above use case after upgrade from 8.0.0 to 9.9 ?
Why we don’t have option to achieve above use case in 8.0.0 version ?.

Hi,

I can’t help you with 8.0.

Once you upgrade, we can talk about what’s available.

Ann

Hello G Ann Campbell

I have upgraded to version 10.1 .

Could you please help here to configure same ?.

Hi,

Congratulations on your upgrade!

You can configure overall Security Hotspot review percentage into your Quality Gate, but not by priority.

Ann