Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
- what are you trying to achieve
I would like to configure my sonarqube docker containers with certain settings when they start running a kubernetes cluster.
- what have you tried so far to achieve this
- I have tried to use sonar.properties and it looks like it doesn’t pick up any value assigned to certain keys once I restart a server (not the docker container). Also tried to look for extensions property files, but struggled to find them (in particular SAML settings).
I would like to bring custom configuration values for a docker container of SonarQube that would be running in a Kubernetes clusters.
I tried to set up values in
/opt/sonarqube/conf/sonar.properties file but apparently it’s used for something else and second certain settings can only be set up in the user interface of the sonarqube according to post and this one.
I read it’s possible to use a web api of the server but I am not sure how many settings I can configure within it.
So I have a few questions:
- How one would have to provide custom configurations values to a sonarqube container from a file/environment point of view? Especially for:
- General settings like a Base URL.
- Settings for SAML configurations. Not sure whether it’s an extension or not, but one would go to find its configuration file?
- What the web API provides in order to configure the general settings?