Global Project Score (GPA) feature

I am evaluating SonarCloud as an option to CodeClimate now. One particular feature that my team really loves is the Global Project Score (GPA) which serves a good indicator on the code quality. Is there such feature in the managed SonarCloud? If so, could anyone please guide me to a document how to enable that?

Many thanks in advance

Hello @tle_compono,

Welcome to the community!

You can find more information about the high-level features here.

In general, we use a Quality Gate to indicate whether or not your project adheres to your quality & security requirements. By default it consists of the following metrics on your new code:

• Reliability rating (bugs)
  • Security / Security review rating (vulnerabilities)
  • Maintainability rating (code smells)
  • Coverage
  • Duplicated lines

Of course, you can adjust the Quality Gate to match your model. You can find an explanation of the available metrics here.

Please let me know if that is already what you were looking for or if you have any other questions.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the response. I am fully aware of the Quality Gate. Unfortunately it is not what I am looking for.

I am after an aggregated score (or ranking if you will) of all metrics.

Q: Is there any documentation on how to build 3rd party plugin for the SonarCloud? I am thinking of generating this scoring myself.

Hello @tle_compono,

Thanks for the update!

Could you provide more insights into how you are using this score?

Q: Is there any documentation on how to build 3rd party plugin for the SonarCloud? I am thinking of generating this scoring myself.

There is no direct plugin system for SonarCloud, but you can use the API to gather all the data and calculate the metrics that you need. You can find more information here: https://sonarcloud.io/web_api .

Sorry for late response

I am planning to use this score to:

• Give indication on the quality status of projects
  • Use it a combined score to determine if the projects would pass or fail on CI/CD

I am aware of the Web API but hesitate to write my own custom solution because it would mean more maintenance for my small team

Thank you for the update!

I moved this topic to the new features category to properly keep track of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.