Getting error when trying to use SonarQube Server for C based Code

Hello,

I am new to SonarQube, and trying to use it for getting code coverage. I have a few doubts about using the community version of SonarQube.

I am getting the following error in Visual Studio 2019 community when trying to connect my project solution with SonarQube Server:-

Connecting to SonarQube server: Detecting server plugins
** Discovered a supported plugin: Plugin: ‘SonarC#’, Language(s): ‘C#’, Installed version: ‘8.34.0’, Minimum version: ‘5.0’**
** Discovered a supported plugin: Plugin: ‘SonarVB’, Language(s): ‘VB.NET’, Installed version: ‘8.34.0’, Minimum version: ‘3.0’**
** The languages supported by plugins on this SonarQube server (C#, VB.NET) do not match any of the solution projects’ languages.**
Connecting to SonarQube server: Failed

Does the community version not support the C,C++ plugin? If it does, how to enable it?

Thanks.

Hi @RODEB

Indeed, C and C++ analysis are covered starting in the Developer Edition ($).
You can download it here and ask for a trial key if you want to try the product before purchasing it.
Licence costs are displayed on this page, under Lines of Code menu, where you can select the volume you will need to cover your projects in SonarQube.

You will not only benefit from C/C++ analysis using the Developer Edition, but also have more rules in SAST domain for other "Community "languages, such as C#, VB.Net, Java, etc.
And you will also have branch analysis and PR decoration.

Feel free to reach out to us on the trial page!
Carine

1 Like

Hello Carine,

How do I get the trial license for using the developer edition?

Thanks.

Hello @RODEB
just fill in the form here:

Carine

Thanks, Carine!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.