Get failed message when end scan my .net framework project

Using the .NET Framework version of the Scanner for MSBuild

Post-processing started.
10:34:59.429  10:34:59.427  Uninstalling target: D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\bin\targets\SonarQube.Integration.targets
10:34:59.432  10:34:59.429  sonar.verbose=true was specified - setting the log verbosity to 'Debug'
10:34:59.432  Loading the SonarQube analysis config from D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\conf\SonarQubeAnalysisConfig.xml
10:34:59.434  Not running under TeamBuild
10:34:59.434  Analysis base directory: D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube
Build directory:
Bin directory: D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\bin
Config directory: D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\conf
Output directory: D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\out
Config file: D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\conf\SonarQubeAnalysisConfig.xml
10:34:59.438  Generating SonarQube project properties file to D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\out\sonar-project.properties
10:34:59.441  The SonarScanner for MSBuild integration failed: SonarQube was unable to collect the required information about your projects.
Possible causes:
  1. The project has not been built - the project must be built in between the begin and end steps
  2. An unsupported version of MSBuild has been used to build the project. Currently MSBuild 14.0.25420.1 and higher are supported.
  3. The begin, build and end steps have not all been launched from the same folder
  4. None of the analyzed projects have a valid ProjectGuid and you have not used a solution (.sln)
10:34:59.442  Generation of the sonar-properties file failed. Unable to complete the analysis.
10:34:59.445  Writing processing summary to D:\Sanwan_Smartlight\.sonarqube\out\ProjectInfo.log
10:34:59.446  Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1
[.sonarqube.zip|attachment](upload://4KwXrB5C2JbqdfQRrwQ5OkN87rc.zip) (59.7 KB)

I can not find the sonar-project.properties file in “.sonarqube/out/” folder

Hello and welcome to the community!

Please give us the following version information:

• what is the version of SonarQube that you are using?
  • what is the version of the Scanner for .NET (MSBuild) that you are using?
  • what version of MSBuild are you using?

And we’ll need the logs:

• please give us the verbose output of the scanner commands (please run SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe begin /k:“MyProject” /d:sonar.verbose=true as the begin step, and please attach the output of the BEGIN and END steps)
  • please give the output of running MSBuild in verbose mode (/v:d)

Also, please tell us:

• what are the commands you are running to do the analysis?
  • are you running all commands from the same folder?

In addition, please see the following guides:

Hello , here’re the information below…

Version Information
8.9.3.48735 <=SonarQube version
5.4.0.40033 <=Scanner for .NET(MSBuild) version
17.0.0.52104 <=MSBuild version

Commands to do analysis

1. SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe begin /k:“Sanwan” /d:sonar.host.url=“http://sparkbk01:9000” /d:sonar.login="" /d:sonar.verbose=true

2. MsBuild.exe /t:Rebuild /v:d

3. SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe end /d:sonar.login=""

4. all command are running from the same folder
    verboseLog.txt (397.1 KB)

@Daniel888 it looks from the MSBuild log that there are no MSBuild projects in your solution and that you are only building legacy ASP.NET projects. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, the scanner does not support analysing legacy ASP.NET projects. See this thread for more information.

Hello @duncanp Thank you for replay , I will create new MSBuild project ,and copy these source code in to the new project , and then try again…

Happy New Year 2022!!!

2 Likes

Hi @Daniel888,

have you managed to fix the problem?

Hello @costin.zaharia
Not yet , when I try to move code to New MSBuild project , I got some compile Issues need to fix.
but, create New MSBuild project is the right way to solve my Sonarqube scan issue.
thks…maybe this issue can be closed

2 Likes