Fresh installation on Windows VM shuts down

Hello!

I was trying your indications for trying out sonarqube Community Edition (sonarqube-10.2.1.78527) via zip file following your guideline [here](https://docs.sonarsource.com/sonarqube/latest/try-out-sonarqube/#installing-a-local-instance-of-sonarqube) I’m trying this before doing [this](https://docs.sonarsource.com/sonarqube/latest/setup-and-upgrade/install-the-server/) as I thought it was more convenient of doing so first, and also because I’m testing it on our development environment. I want to add SonarQube to the pipelines of my company’s projects, but I can’t manage to get a fresh start, even the simplest one :sweat_smile:

The problem I’m finding is that whenever I try to start the web server it automatically shuts down. I looked for the errors and I saw this [thread](https://community.sonarsource.com/t/cannot-running-sonarqube-server-problems-in-web-log/64279) and this [thread](https://community.sonarsource.com/t/fail-to-execute-es-requestes-refresh-request-on-indices-components/68817/9) (the part of deleting data/es8), but none worked.

Attached you my find my log files in a zip file (they were too big to copypaste them here)
logs.zip (24.6 KB)

Please, let me know if I can provide more information in any way. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

The logging on this isn’t as clear as it could be, but here’s the problem:

2023.11.11 18:35:44 WARN  es[][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [LA2inTLjQbOKKi-lO696Pg][sonarqube][C:\SonarQube\data\es8] free: 13.4gb[7.4%], shards will be relocated away from this node; currently relocating away shards totalling [0] bytes; the node is expected to continue to exceed the high disk watermark when these relocations are complete
2023.11.11 18:36:31 INFO  es[][o.e.c.m.MetadataMappingService] [metadatas/erS1pdYBRrCn8MjVjGcPwg] create_mapping
2023.11.11 18:37:01 WARN  es[][r.suppressed] path: /metadatas/_doc/dbVendor, params: {stored_fields=value, index=metadatas, id=dbVendor}
org.elasticsearch.action.NoShardAvailableActionException: No shard available for [get [metadatas][dbVendor]: routing [null]]
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.shard.TransportSingleShardAction$AsyncSingleAction.perform(TransportSingleShardAction.java:201) ~[elasticsearch-8.7.0.jar:?]
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.shard.TransportSingleShardAction$AsyncSingleAction.start(TransportSingleShardAction.java:178) ~[elasticsearch-8.7.0.jar:?]
	[lots of at-lines...]
2023.11.11 18:37:14 WARN  es[][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [LA2inTLjQbOKKi-lO696Pg][sonarqube][C:\SonarQube\data\es8] free: 13.4gb[7.4%], shards will be relocated away from this node; currently relocating away shards totalling [0] bytes; the node is expected to continue to exceed the high disk watermark when these relocations are complete
2023.11.11 18:38:14 WARN  es[][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [LA2inTLjQbOKKi-lO696Pg][sonarqube][C:\SonarQube\data\es8] free: 13.4gb[7.4%], shards will be relocated away from this node; currently relocating away shards totalling [0] bytes; the node is expected to continue to exceed the high disk watermark when these relocations are complete
2023.11.11 18:39:14 WARN  es[][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [LA2inTLjQbOKKi-lO696Pg][sonarqube][C:\SonarQube\data\es8] free: 13.4gb[7.4%], shards will be relocated away from this node; currently relocating away shards totalling [0] bytes; the node is expected to continue to exceed the high disk watermark when these relocations are complete
2023.11.11 18:40:44 WARN  es[][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [LA2inTLjQbOKKi-lO696Pg][sonarqube][C:\SonarQube\data\es8] free: 13.4gb[7.4%], shards will be relocated away from this node; currently relocating away shards totalling [0] bytes; the node is expected to continue to exceed the high disk watermark when these relocations are complete
2023.11.11 18:40:49 INFO  es[][o.e.n.Node] stopping ...

Specifically, SonarQube’s embedded Elasticsearch is looking for >=90% free disk space. The absolute value doesn’t matter. You’ve got a 10Mb disk? 1Mb+ needs to be free. You’ve got a 100Gb disk? 10Gb+ needs to be free.

So free up some disk space and this should work.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Hi Ann,

Thanks a lot! Our server was almost full, I installed it in another server and it is working now! :heartbeat:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.