Failed sonarcloud scan with jenkins

Using the SonarQube plugin on jenkins, I get this error:

ERROR: Error during SonarQube Scanner execution
org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.ScannerException: Unable to execute SonarQube
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherFactory.lambda$createLauncher$0(IsolatedLauncherFactory.java:85)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherFactory.createLauncher(IsolatedLauncherFactory.java:74)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherFactory.createLauncher(IsolatedLauncherFactory.java:70)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doStart(EmbeddedScanner.java:185)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.start(EmbeddedScanner.java:123)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:73)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.main(Main.java:61)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to parse entry in bootstrap index: 

I’m new to sonarcloud. any hints?

If I run this locally with sonar-scanner, I get this error:

org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.ScannerException: Unable to execute SonarQube
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherFactory.lambda$createLauncher$0(IsolatedLauncherFactory.java:85)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherFactory.createLauncher(IsolatedLauncherFactory.java:74)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherFactory.createLauncher(IsolatedLauncherFactory.java:70)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doStart(EmbeddedScanner.java:185)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.start(EmbeddedScanner.java:123)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:73)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to get bootstrap index from server

This sonarcloud server is scanning several other repos…

and now:
sonar-scanner -Dsonar.host.url=http://sonarcloud.io -Dsonar.projectKey=hello-world
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.sonar.scanner.report.ComponentsPublisher.convert(ComponentsPublisher.java:103)
at org.sonar.scanner.report.ComponentsPublisher.publish(ComponentsPublisher.java:68)
at org.sonar.scanner.report.ReportPublisher.generateReportFile(ReportPublisher.java:150)
at org.sonar.scanner.report.ReportPublisher.execute(ReportPublisher.java:136)
at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.doAfterStart(ProjectScanContainer.java:360)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:136)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:122)
at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.GlobalContainer.doAfterStart(GlobalContainer.java:141)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:136)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:122)
at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.doExecute(Batch.java:72)
at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.execute(Batch.java:66)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.batch.BatchIsolatedLauncher.execute(BatchIsolatedLauncher.java:46)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherProxy.invoke(IsolatedLauncherProxy.java:60)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doExecute(EmbeddedScanner.java:189)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.execute(EmbeddedScanner.java:138)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:112)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:75)
ERROR:

this is in that error too…
Caused by: org.sonar.api.utils.MessageException: You’re not authorized to run analysis. Please contact the project administrator.

Though I’m not authed to that endpoint, so not sure how it knows who I am…

You should add “-Dsonar.login=XXXXXX” with your token.

I get the below exception even after adding sonar.login

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.sonar.scanner.report.ComponentsPublisher.convert(ComponentsPublisher.java:104)
at org.sonar.scanner.report.ComponentsPublisher.publish(ComponentsPublisher.java:69)
at org.sonar.scanner.report.ReportPublisher.generateReportFile(ReportPublisher.java:152)

Could you please help?

aruljose
I suggest you to open a new thread, and attach full error message.