Error: "This analysis will make your organization 'xxx' to reach the maximum allowed lines limit." thrown but still 440000 lines under our plan's limit

(Jeroen Vos) #1

So i’m trying to analyze a small C# project (.NET Core), about 4k lines of code, perhaps 5k. The background task fails with the error from the title. Even though we just started with a 500k plan, of which we are currently only using 68k. What might be the problem?

(Jeroen Vos) #2

Ok strangely, after changing to msbuild integration the error vanishes. Why would the stand-alone scanner throw an error like this is beyond me, but i’m out of the woods for now.

(Fabrice Bellingard) #3

You are doing .NET development. The SonarScanner CLI does not know anything about .NET solutions, so it will pick every file located in your solution - which can represent a huge number of lines of code. On the other hand, the SonarScanner for MSBuild knows what a .NET solution is and what should not be considered as a source file: the analysis will end up with far fewer files and therefore lines of code in the end.