Error Launching Sonarqube on ECS in AWS

Using latest image from Docker Hub (version 7.9?)

I’m using this as a guide, basically did everything in this guide verbatim.

Seeing this in the logs:

Web server startup failed: Unable to determine database dialect to use within sonar with dialect null jdbc url SONARQUBE_JDBC_URL = jdbc:mysql://sonarqube-rds.cmpzwsmtreyt.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/sonar?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&rewriteBatchedStatements=true

The web application [ROOT] appears to have started a thread named [elasticsearch[_client_][transport_worker][T#1]] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:

Welcome to the community! Are you using MySQL ?

Having a similar problem. I’m not getting any errors in my CloudWatch log. Only a couple of warnings. The last warning before the WebServer, Process[web], and SonarQube all stop is:

WARN web[][o.a.c.l.WebappClassLoaderBase] The web application [ROOT] appears to have started a thread named [SQ starter] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

I’ve tried to determine what I may change based on this warning, but I’m stumped.

I also see the following warning earlier in the log:

app[][o.s.a.p.AbstractManagedProcess] Process exited with exit value [es]: 137

I’m trying to run on AWS ECS Fargate with a Postgresql RDS instance. My task definition seems to be setup correctly for connecting to an external database. My image is set to sonarqube:latest.

Happy to share my entire log file or other details of my task definition. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Look at your es.log. I’ve found that to be more helpful than only using sonar.log.

I’ve been working on getting Docker SonarQube working on ECS (preferably with Fargate). Were you successful in getting it up and running on AWS ECS?