Error in SonarLint for IntelliJ

Environment:

• Java: JetBrains s.r.o. 21.0.3
  • IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2024.2 EAP
  • SonarLint: 10.7.0.78874
java.lang.Throwable: o.sl.ij.actions.ReopenIssueAction <clinit> requests c.ij.notification.NotificationGroupManager instance. Class initialization must not depend on services. Consider using instance of the service on-demand instead.
	at c.ij.oa.diagnostic.Logger.error(Logger.java:376)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImplKt.checkOutsideClassInitializer(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:1577)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImplKt.getOrCreateInstanceBlocking(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:1546)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.doGetService(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:746)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.getService(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:690)
	at c.ij.notification.NotificationGroupManager.getInstance(NotificationGroupManager.java:19)
	at o.sl.ij.actions.ReopenIssueAction.<clinit>(ReopenIssueAction.kt:57)
	at o.sl.ij.ui.tree.IssueTree.init(IssueTree.java:83)
	at o.sl.ij.ui.tree.IssueTree.<init>(IssueTree.java:56)
	at o.sl.ij.ui.AbstractIssuesPanel.createIssuesTree(AbstractIssuesPanel.java:139)
	at o.sl.ij.ui.AbstractIssuesPanel.<init>(AbstractIssuesPanel.java:78)
	at o.sl.ij.ui.CurrentFilePanel.<init>(CurrentFilePanel.java:78)
	at o.sl.ij.ui.SonarLintToolWindowFactory.addCurrentFileTab(SonarLintToolWindowFactory.java:105)
	at o.sl.ij.ui.SonarLintToolWindowFactory.createToolWindowContent(SonarLintToolWindowFactory.java:58)
	at c.ij.oa.wm.impl.ToolWindowImpl.createContentIfNeeded(ToolWindowImpl.kt:667)
	at c.ij.oa.wm.impl.ToolWindowImpl.getContentManager(ToolWindowImpl.kt:527)

Hi,

Thanks for this report!

Could you share what you were doing when you got the error?

Thx,
Ann

Hello, this is related to this thread. You can find the explanation in my reply:

You should be able to ignore this error and keep using SonarLint safely. Please also note that EAP is an early access version that gets updated very often; it is expected that breaking changes can happen from one day to another.

Hi Nicolas, apologies for the error message spam.

I understand your email and it’s well received.

I wont be forwarding any duplicate error logs.

1 Like