Error in SonarLint for IntelliJ MacOs

Environment:

• Java: JetBrains s.r.o. 17.0.9
  • IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.1
  • SonarLint: 10.1.1.77150
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot invoke (class=, method=fileClosed, topic=FileEditorManagerListener)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.invokeListener(MessageBusImpl.kt:677)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.deliverMessage(MessageBusImpl.kt:423)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.pumpWaiting(MessageBusImpl.kt:402)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.access$pumpWaiting(MessageBusImpl.kt:1)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessagePublisher.invoke(MessageBusImpl.kt:461)
	at jdk.proxy1/jdk.proxy1.$Proxy91.fileClosed(Unknown Source)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.EditorWindow.closeFile$lambda$8$lambda$7(EditorWindow.kt:594)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.FileEditorManagerImpl.notifyPublisher(FileEditorManagerImpl.kt:1275)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.EditorWindow.closeFile$intellij_platform_ide_impl(EditorWindow.kt:591)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.EditorWindow.closeFile$intellij_platform_ide_impl$default(EditorWindow.kt:559)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.FileEditorManagerImpl.closeFile$intellij_platform_ide_impl(FileEditorManagerImpl.kt:696)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.FileEditorManagerImpl.closeFile(FileEditorManagerImpl.kt:717)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.tabActions.CloseTab.actionPerformed(CloseTab.kt:101)
	at c.ij.oa.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.doPerformActionOrShowPopup(ActionUtil.java:344)
	at c.ij.oa.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.lambda$performActionDumbAwareWithCallbacks$4(ActionUtil.java:318)

Hi @Geeth_Sandaru ,

Is this the full stack trace?

If not can you share the full stack stace?

Can you share with me the actions that led to this error?

Could you provide me with verbose logs by following the steps here:Troubleshooting - IntelliJ

Thank you

Environment:

• IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.2 RC
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot invoke (class=, method=fileClosed, topic=FileEditorManagerListener)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.invokeListener(MessageBusImpl.kt:677)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.deliverMessage(MessageBusImpl.kt:423)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.access$pumpWaiting(MessageBusImpl.kt:1)
	at jdk.proxy2/jdk.proxy2.$Proxy62.fileClosed(Unknown Source)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.EditorWindow.closeFile$lambda$8$lambda$7(EditorWindow.kt:594)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.FileEditorManagerImpl.notifyPublisher(FileEditorManagerImpl.kt:1275)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.EditorWindow.closeFile$intellij_platform_ide_impl(EditorWindow.kt:591)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.EditorWindow.closeFile$intellij_platform_ide_impl$default(EditorWindow.kt:559)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.FileEditorManagerImpl.closeFile$intellij_platform_ide_impl(FileEditorManagerImpl.kt:696)
	at c.ij.oa.fileEditor.impl.FileEditorManagerImpl.closeFile(FileEditorManagerImpl.kt:717)
	at c.ij.oa.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.doPerformActionOrShowPopup(ActionUtil.java:344)
	at c.ij.oa.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.lambda$performActionDumbAwareWithCallbacks$4(ActionUtil.java:318)

Environment:

• IDE: WebStorm 2023.3.1
	at jdk.proxy1/jdk.proxy1.$Proxy46.fileClosed(Unknown Source)

Environment:

• IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.1
  • SonarLint: 10.2.0.77238
	at jdk.proxy2/jdk.proxy2.$Proxy54.fileClosed(Unknown Source)

I’ve gone ahead and merged some similar posts with the same stacktrace into this one.

@christophe_MARTY @Sergei_Kanchikov @Marian_Bashurovski could you share the information that @eray.felek requested from @Geeth_Sandaru?

Is this the full stack trace?

If not can you share the full stack stace?

Can you share with me the actions that led to this error?

Could you provide me with verbose logs by following the steps here:Troubleshooting - IntelliJ

Thanks, Colin.
Yes, I will reply to Eray’s message. Sorry, I’m not allowed to mention anyone since I’m new here.

Hi Eray, apologies for the delay in response.
Yes, this is the full stack trace that was given to me by the IntelliJ IDEA.
Regarding the actions that led to this, I actually don’t remember exactly what I was trying to do. This issue didn’t happen when I restarted the IntelliJ. But I had to restart twice to skip this since the first time I restarted, the error happened again.
But, what I can remember is that it showed me this error right after updating IntelliJ and it got stuck.

For me is everytime i start intelliJ since 2023.3.1 version.
And after that in background i always have a task “Loading taint vunerabilities” impossible to close.
If i disabled SonarLint plugin there is no problem.

Hi @christophe_MARTY,

From what I see, the exception reported above should have a cause. Without the cause, it’s hard for us to understand what happens, and we have not been able to reproduce the problem yet. When it happens, could you check if there are additional details under the original exception? Thanks

Environment:

• IDE: WebStorm 2023.3.2
	at jdk.proxy1/jdk.proxy1.$Proxy64.fileClosed(Unknown Source)

Environment:

• IDE: WebStorm 2023.3.2
	at jdk.proxy1/jdk.proxy1.$Proxy46.fileClosed(Unknown Source)

Hello @Sergei_Kanchikov,

Please don’t report the same error several times. Instead, we are looking for the cause of this exception, which is truncated here but should be present in your IDE. Could you check next time the error occurs if you have more details?

Environment:

• IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.2
	at jdk.proxy1/jdk.proxy1.$Proxy56.fileClosed(Unknown Source)
	at c.ij.oa.keymap.impl.ActionProcessor.performAction(ActionProcessor.java:32)