Error in SonarLint for IntelliJ latest versions

Environment:

• Java: JetBrains s.r.o. 17.0.8.1
  • IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.3
  • SonarLint: 9.1.0.75538

*** exception class was changed or removed

Exception thrown by subscriber method configurationScopesAdded(o.ss.sl.core.event.ConfigurationScopesAddedEvent) on subscriber o.ss.sl.core.VersionSoonUnsupportedHelper@63a40ed6 when dispatching event: o.ss.sl.core.event.ConfigurationScopesAddedEvent@4ed8ad70

o.ss.sl.core.serverconnection.storage.StorageException: Failed to read file: C:\Users\rodrigo.moraes\AppData\Local\JetBrains\IdeaIC2023.2\sonarlint\storage\556e696372656420536f6e6172\server_info.pb
	at o.ss.sl.core.serverconnection.storage.ProtobufFileUtil.readFile(ProtobufFileUtil.java:37)
	at o.ss.sl.core.serverconnection.storage.ServerInfoStorage.lambda$read$1(ServerInfoStorage.java:53)
	at o.ss.sl.core.serverconnection.storage.RWLock.read(RWLock.java:32)
	at o.ss.sl.core.serverconnection.storage.ServerInfoStorage.read(ServerInfoStorage.java:53)
	at o.ss.sl.core.serverconnection.ServerInfoSynchronizer.readOrSynchronizeServerInfo(ServerInfoSynchronizer.java:32)
	at o.ss.sl.core.serverconnection.ServerConnection.readOrSynchronizeServerVersion(ServerConnection.java:171)
	at o.ss.sl.core.VersionSoonUnsupportedHelper.checkIfSoonUnsupported(VersionSoonUnsupportedHelper.java:97)
	at o.ss.sl.core.VersionSoonUnsupportedHelper.lambda$checkIfSoonUnsupported$1(VersionSoonUnsupportedHelper.java:89)
	at java.base/java.util.HashMap.forEach(HashMap.java:1421)
	at o.ss.sl.core.VersionSoonUnsupportedHelper.checkIfSoonUnsupported(VersionSoonUnsupportedHelper.java:89)

Hi @Jose_Rodrigo_Moraes

Thanks for reporting the issue. By any chance, would you still have the full stack trace available? I am interested in the root cause of this exception.

Also, was the error temporary, or do you still have it?

Anyway I have created a ticket, since I think we could be more resilient.

Hi Julien.

I got the error when I update SonarLInt plugin.
After several trying times I uninstalling the plugin and reinstall after.
The problems not ocurr more e all the funcionalities run normally, so I belivie that was garbage in the installation that caused the reported errors.
Now, everything is OK.

1 Like