Error in SonarLint for IntelliJ I am trying to install Sonarlint with multiple versions

Environment:

• Java: JetBrains s.r.o. 17.0.8
  • IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.1
  • SonarLint: 9.1.0.75538
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot invoke (class=ModuleChangeListener, method=modulesAdded, topic=ModuleListener)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.invokeListener(MessageBusImpl.kt:676)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.deliverMessage(MessageBusImpl.kt:422)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.pumpWaiting(MessageBusImpl.kt:401)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImplKt.access$pumpWaiting(MessageBusImpl.kt:1)
	at c.ij.util.messages.impl.MessagePublisher.invoke(MessageBusImpl.kt:460)
	at jdk.proxy2/jdk.proxy2.$Proxy93.modulesAdded(Unknown Source)
	at c.ij.workspaceModel.ide.impl.legacyBridge.module.ModuleManagerBridgeImpl$Companion.fireModulesAdded(ModuleManagerBridgeImpl.kt:504)
	at c.ij.workspaceModel.ide.impl.legacyBridge.module.ModuleManagerComponentBridge$ModuleManagerInitProjectActivity$run$2.invoke(ModuleManagerComponentBridge.kt:55)
	at c.ij.workspaceModel.ide.impl.legacyBridge.module.ModuleManagerComponentBridge$ModuleManagerInitProjectActivity$run$2.invoke(ModuleManagerComponentBridge.kt:54)
	at c.ij.oa.progress.CoroutinesKt.blockingContext(coroutines.kt:248)
	at c.ij.oa.progress.CoroutinesKt.blockingContext(coroutines.kt:199)
	at c.ij.workspaceModel.ide.impl.legacyBridge.module.ModuleManagerComponentBridge$ModuleManagerInitProjectActivity.run(ModuleManagerComponentBridge.kt:54)
	at c.ij.ide.startup.impl.StartupManagerImpl.runInitProjectActivities(StartupManagerImpl.kt:220)

Hi @Muhannad_Aldaadaa ,

Could you clarify what you mean by “I am trying to install SonarLint with multiple versions”?
Also, this stack trace looks truncated. Can you share the full stack trace?

Thank you

Hi Eray ,

I was trying to install the new version and I also tried with old versions and after I restart IntelliJ after installation I got stuck on the projects list window. I cannot open a project and I got this stack trace and in order to get IntelliJ again working I had to disable SonarLint.

Hi @Muhannad_Aldaadaa,

We are sorry to hear that you had to uninstall SonarLint.

Please, do not hesitate to share the full stack trace if it ever happens again. It is difficult for us to identify the issue in the current state, and this would be really valuable as we put a high emphasis on having a bug-free product.