Error during SonarScanner execution: The file cannot be accessed by the system

My project contain symbolic link(D:\projects\Source\Core\SPIIntegrationTest\TestApps\WLRoots\Test\ShellTestUtil) to another folder in the same project. When I start “sonar-scanner.bat” it fails on the on indexing files with error:

INFO: Load project repositories
INFO: Load project repositories (done) | time=1878ms
INFO: 10454 files indexed...  (last one was Source/BrowserUI/ChatBrowserUI/public/styles/images/emoji_36x36/1f193.png)
INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE
INFO: Total time: 32.161s
INFO: Final Memory: 9M/160M
ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to index files
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer.indexFiles(ProjectFileIndexer.java:204)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer.index(ProjectFileIndexer.java:159)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer.indexModulesRecursively(ProjectFileIndexer.java:138)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer.index(ProjectFileIndexer.java:105)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.doAfterStart(ProjectScanContainer.java:352)
        at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:137)
        at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:123)
        at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.GlobalContainer.doAfterStart(GlobalContainer.java:150)
        at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:137)
        at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:123)
        at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.doExecute(Batch.java:72)
        at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.execute(Batch.java:66)
        at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.batch.BatchIsolatedLauncher.execute(BatchIsolatedLauncher.java:46)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherProxy.invoke(IsolatedLauncherProxy.java:60)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doExecute(EmbeddedScanner.java:189)
        at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.execute(EmbeddedScanner.java:138)
        at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:112)
        at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:75)
        at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.main(Main.java:61)
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: D:\projects\Source\Core\SPIIntegrationTest\TestApps\WLRoots\Test\ShellTestUtil: The file cannot be accessed by the system.

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.isHidden(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.isHidden(Unknown Source)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer$IndexFileVisitor.visitFile(ProjectFileIndexer.java:242)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer$IndexFileVisitor.visitFile(ProjectFileIndexer.java:215)
        at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Unknown Source)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer.indexDirectory(ProjectFileIndexer.java:211)
        at org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.ProjectFileIndexer.indexFiles(ProjectFileIndexer.java:197)
        ... 23 more
ERROR:

If I delete this file, everything works good

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using: sonar-scanner-4.0.0.1744-windows, also tried 4.6.2, 4.6.1 for windows x64
  • what are you trying to achieve: analyze my project
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this:
  1. added this file and its directory to sonar.coverage.exclusions
  2. added this file and its directory to sonar.exclusions
  3. added this file and its directory to sonar.test.exclusions
  4. installed https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jdk11-downloads.html
  5. started from cmd, shell with or without admin rights
  6. on linux(ubuntu20) indexing works, but I need on windows 10 x64

Do you have any ideas how to fix this problem?

update: as mentioned on Starting SonarQube Error java.nio.file.FileSystemException - #3 by bcipollone, grant full permission for everyone for the whole project folder. Debug logs has the same error and no additional information

Hi,

Can you tell us what is the version of SonarQube you are using, in order to track correctly this issue?

I don’t think we ever tested/supported symbolic links on Windows, so there might indeed be some issues.

hi Julien,
thanks for your response, but I already found a problem:
I executed “git clone” from ubuntu20(wsl) to clone project to common with windows folder, and that’s why windows has problems…

Today I cloned using GitBash(windows) and no errors anymore

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.