Error during SonarScanner execution in Sonarcloud

Hi Team,

I have mentioned the branch name in the sonar.properties file, which matches the permanent branch patterns, using cli it’s unable to create a project in soanrcloud and failed to execute soanrscan analysis. If I create a project manually and run the sonar analysis using pipeline it’s working fine but automatically it is fail to create a project and perform the code scan. Can you please provide a solution to fix this issue?

error:
09:41:01.513 DEBUG: Could not process project pull requests - continuing without it
09:41:01.514 INFO: Load project pull requests (done) | time=186ms
09:41:01.519 INFO: Load branch configuration
09:41:01.520 DEBUG: Found manual configuration of branch/PR analysis. Skipping automatic configuration.
09:41:01.530 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
09:41:01.530 INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE
09:41:01.531 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
09:41:01.531 INFO: Total time: 13.692s
09:41:01.592 INFO: Final Memory: 20M/67M
09:41:01.592 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
09:41:01.592 ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load component class org.sonar.scanner.scan.filesystem.InputComponentStore
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(ComponentContainer.java:52)
at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:632)
at org.picocontainer.parameters.BasicComponentParameter$1.resolveInstance

Thanks,
Sowmya

Hi @Sowmya_Pandanaboina,

Thanks for sending the stack-trace!

If I create a project manually and run the sonar analysis using pipeline it’s working fine but automatically it is fail to create a project and perform the code scan

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say you created a project manually or automatically?
Also which CI are you running your pipelines on?

Hi Tom & Team,

I’m running the sonar-scan analysis in cloudbees pipeline.
expected results:
When we run this sonar-scanner cmd in the pipeline, it should automatically create a project in sonarcloud and perform the code analysis.

sonar-scanner -X -Dsonar.login=${pass} -Dsonar.projectName=${projectName} -Dproject.settings= sonar-project.properties -Dsonar.projectKey=${projectName} -Dsonar.projectVersion=${version} -Dsonar.organization= -Dsonar.branchName=${branchName}

error:
if we mention the branch name which matches the permanent branch pattern. Pipeline fails to create a project in sonarcloud and execution is failed.

If I create the project manually in sonarcloud console and run the pipeline. its working fine and sonar-scan execution successfully. but we want it automatically.

Could you please help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Sowmya.P