End of Central Directory record could not be found

I have a simple pipeline where I compile and pass static code analysis with SQ.

My pipeline is the following

trigger:
- master

pool:
  vmImage: 'windows-latest'

variables:
  solution: '**/*.sln'
  buildPlatform: 'Any CPU'
  buildConfiguration: 'Release'

steps:
- task: NuGetToolInstaller@1
- task: UseDotNet@2
  inputs:
    packageType: 'sdk'
    version: '6.0.x'

- task: SonarQubePrepare@5
  inputs:
    SonarQube: 'X'
    scannerMode: 'MSBuild'
    projectKey: 'Z'
    projectName: 'X'

- script: 
    dotnet restore X.sln --configfile NuGet.config
  displayName: "Restore packages"

- script: 
    dotnet build X.sln --configuration $(buildConfiguration) --no-restore
  displayName: "Build $(buildConfiguration)"

- task: SonarQubeAnalyze@5

When the execution of the pipeline reaches the preparation of SonarQube, it stops showing the following error

Starting: SonarQubePrepare
==============================================================================
Task         : Prepare Analysis Configuration
Description  : Prepare SonarQube analysis configuration
Version      : 5.9.0
Author       : sonarsource
Help         : Version: 5.9.0. [More Information](http://redirect.sonarsource.com/doc/install-configure-scanner-tfs-ts.html)
==============================================================================
D:\a\_tasks\SonarQubePrepare_15b84ca1-b62f-4a2a-a403-89b77a063157\5.9.0\classic-sonar-scanner-msbuild\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe begin /k:SSMCLOUD-Backend
SonarScanner for MSBuild 5.9.2
Using the .NET Framework version of the Scanner for MSBuild
Pre-processing started.
Preparing working directories...
11:36:42.377  Updating build integration targets...
11:36:44.488  Fetching analysis configuration settings...
11:36:45.55  Provisioning analyzer assemblies for cs...
11:36:45.55  Installing required Roslyn analyzers...

##[error]Unhandled Exception:
##[error]System.IO.InvalidDataException: End of Central Directory record could not be found.
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadEndOfCentralDirectory()
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.Init(Stream stream, ZipArchiveMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen)
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipFile.Open(String archiveFileName, ZipArchiveMode mode, Encoding entryNameEncoding)
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipFile.ExtractToDirectory(String sourceArchiveFileName, String destinationDirectoryName, Encoding entryNameEncoding)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.EmbeddedAnalyzerInstaller.FetchResourceFromServer(Plugin plugin, String targetDir)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.EmbeddedAnalyzerInstaller.GetPluginResourceFiles(Plugin plugin)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.EmbeddedAnalyzerInstaller.InstallAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 plugins)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.RoslynAnalyzerProvider.FetchAnalyzerPlugins(String language, IEnumerable`1 activeRules)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.RoslynAnalyzerProvider.SetupAnalyzer(BuildSettings teamBuildSettings, IAnalysisPropertyProvider sonarProperties, IEnumerable`1 rules, String language)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.PreProcessor.<FetchArgumentsAndRuleSets>d__9.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.PreProcessor.<DoExecute>d__7.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.PreProcessor.<Execute>d__6.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.BootstrapperClass.<PreProcess>d__10.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.BootstrapperClass.<Execute>d__8.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Execute>d__4.MoveNext()
 at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Execute>d__3.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Main>d__2.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Main>(String[] args)
System.IO.InvalidDataException: End of Central Directory record could not be found.
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadEndOfCentralDirectory()
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.Init(Stream stream, ZipArchiveMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen)
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipFile.Open(String archiveFileName, ZipArchiveMode mode, Encoding entryNameEncoding)
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipFile.ExtractToDirectory(String sourceArchiveFileName, String destinationDirectoryName, Encoding entryNameEncoding)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.EmbeddedAnalyzerInstaller.FetchResourceFromServer(Plugin plugin, String targetDir)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.EmbeddedAnalyzerInstaller.GetPluginResourceFiles(Plugin plugin)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.EmbeddedAnalyzerInstaller.InstallAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 plugins)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.RoslynAnalyzerProvider.FetchAnalyzerPlugins(String language, IEnumerable`1 activeRules)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.Roslyn.RoslynAnalyzerProvider.SetupAnalyzer(BuildSettings teamBuildSettings, IAnalysisPropertyProvider sonarProperties, IEnumerable`1 rules, String language)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.PreProcessor.<FetchArgumentsAndRuleSets>d__9.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.PreProcessor.<DoExecute>d__7.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.PreProcessor.<Execute>d__6.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.BootstrapperClass.<PreProcess>d__10.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.BootstrapperClass.<Execute>d__8.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Execute>d__4.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Execute>d__3.MoveNext()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Main>d__2.MoveNext()
at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.<Main>(String[] args)
##[error]The process 'D:\a\_tasks\SonarQubePrepare_15b84ca1-b62f-4a2a-a403-89b77a063157\5.9.0\classic-sonar-scanner-msbuild\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe' failed with exit code 3762504530
Finishing: SonarQubePrepare

Weeks ago it worked fine for me but now it doesn’t. My version of Sonarqube is 8.9.8 and the version of sonar escaner as you can see above is 5.9.2 which is the last one that Azure devops uses by default.

If from my computer I run the sonarqube analysis in local mode I get the same error and if I also add more info to the log (with verbose=true) I get which file is trying to download

12:37:29.106  Provisioning analyzer assemblies for cs...
12:37:29.107  Installing required Roslyn analyzers...
12:37:29.108  Processing plugin: csharp version 8.22.0.31243
12:37:29.143  Cache miss: plugin files were not found in the local cache
12:37:29.146  Fetching resource for plugin: csharp, version 8.22.0.31243. Resource: SonarAnalyzer-8.22.0.31243.zip
12:37:29.148  Downloading SonarAnalyzer-8.22.0.31243.zip from http://95.60.149.218:29000/static/csharp/SonarAnalyzer-8.22.0.31243.zip to C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\.sonarqube\resources\0
12:37:29.149  Downloading file from http://95.60.149.218:29000/static/csharp/SonarAnalyzer-8.22.0.31243.zip to C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\.sonarqube\resources\0\SonarAnalyzer-8.22.0.31243.zip...
12:37:29.374  Extracting files to C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\.sonarqube\resources\0...

The file you are trying to download in zip (SonarAnalyzer-8.22.0.31243.zip) I downloaded manually and when trying to open it, it gives an error.

Is it possible that the file you are trying to download is corrupted? What is happening? All my pipelines are falling

Thanks in advance
Regards

Hi,

What has changed (other than this failure) since then?

The current LTS version is 8.9.10. You might as well bump this up.

Ann

The system administrator of the machine tells me that there has been no change. If I run frontend language analysis if it works correctly, it’s only in C#

I will try to update the version to see if that fixes the error

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

After updating the tool to version 8.9.10 it has worked correctly again.

Thanks Ann

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.