- SonarQube v7.9.3
- The documentation for v7.9 states that Sonar is compatible with version 2.2 of TypeScript. Based on my experience with v7.9.3 that is incorrect.
- Open this URL https://docs.sonarqube.org/7.9/analysis/languages/typescript/ run a Sonar scan on v7.9.3 and you can observe that the docs say:
Supported Frameworks and Versions TypeScript >= 2.2
- Run a SonarQube scan on this version and observe the error which disagrees with the docs:
[ERROR] You are using version of TypeScript 3.1.6 which is not supported; supported versions >=3.2.1
- I have installed a compatible version of TypeScript for the analysis stage and now it works. (This feels very wrong though.)
I tracked down why this is happening:
- Our Plugin Version Matrix on v7.9.3 shows we have this plugin version
- This plugin was tagged on 3rd of April https://github.com/SonarSource/SonarJS/releases/tag/126.96.36.19957
- This commit is in the tag which throws the error: https://github.com/SonarSource/SonarJS/commit/42841cf46140cdbdaba8c83fc1bbe8b1e1ab1640
- SonarQube v7.9.3 was tagged on 6th of April: https://github.com/SonarSource/sonarqube/releases/tag/7.9.3
- So if I’m right it seems SonarJS 6.2.1 was included in SonarQube v7.9.3 but the docs were not updated with the change in supported TypeScript version.