Coverage with automatic analysis in Sonarcloud

Hi!

I just started using SonarCloud and I’m setting it up using automatic analysis for now. The thing is that I can’t see the coverage percentage in the results, I think it’s because I’m using the automatic analysis per something I read in the forum so my questions are:

• Do I need to integrate Sonarcloud with my CI system? We use Codeship.
  • Can someone help me with the integration in Codeship?

Thank you very much in advance

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the SonarSource Community!

You are correct that automatic analysis does not produce code coverage metrics because you need to run the unit tests to produce the coverage reports to import to SonarCloud. Setting up Codeship to run the unit tests, analysis and send to SonarCloud is the way to go.

I suggest you start with the SonarCloud tutorials and documentation to get your Codeship analysis running. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers

Brian

The other thing that I’ve just learned now that we’ve started using SonarCloud is that you cannot combine manual analysis with Automatic Analysis. So there is no way to get the update code coverage and still leverage the benefits of Automatic Analysis. It’s an either/or approach.

@bcipollone I’m also quite new to the community, is there a place to submit/track feature requests on this topic?

2 Likes