- versions used SonarQube 6.7
- error observed: Component key length (401) is longer than the maximum authorized (400)
- steps to reproduce: run run sonar on long project key on long sub module with long full qualify file name - all together should exceed 400 chars.
- potential workaround - manipulate sonar.projectKey - but it won’t prevent from a developer in the future to add file that will eventually will exceed the allowed component key length - and hence analysy and will fail.
when maven building default projectKey - the analysis task in sonarqube complete successful.
in this case the component key is built this way: sub-module + full qualify file name.
when sonar.projectKey explicitly populated (even with the same default key maven would generate): the component key is built this way: sonar.projectKey + sub-module (groupId:artifactId) + full qualify file name.
- when the same project run on SonarQube 7.9.2 component key generated differently (and much shorter)-
sonar.projectKey + sub-module (artifactId) + full qualify file name.
please fix this bug or advise how to overcome it