Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:
- ALM used: GitHub
- CI system used: Github Actions
- Languages of the repository: Golang
I’ve been integrating Sonar with Github Actions, and I found out a situation I cannot overcome.
I want to compare two branches, but without a Pull-Request.
My CI/CD within Sonar setup is the following:
- my main branch is the long-lived one
- we work with dev branch (witch is more or less our pre-production), and branches per squad
- the flow: we send our code from feature branches to squad branches through PRs
- we make all the tests using squad branches
- we integrate squad branches to dev
- once we are ready to deploy in prod, we send code from dev to main
That said, sometimes I going to create a PR from squad branch → dev and request for review (and on this case, run SonarCloud based on PR). However sometimes I just want to send my code from my squad branch directly to dev (on this case, I also want to run sonar comparing squad branch to dev branch).
I couldn’t find any example using sonarcloud github action. I am not even sure if that is possible, or if I should somehow handle this with github.
Thanks in advance!