Compare feature branch with reference main branch with code period of 90 days

Using SonarQube version - 7.9.5.
We get different % in new code coverage for feature and main branch.
So we are trying to match the new code coverage % of feature branch and the main branch to avoid certain build failure issues.
We have new code period defined as <90 days,

Is there a way where we can compare the feature branch with the main branch(provided <90 days condition applied to the main branch).
I’m aware that there is a feature to compare your feature branch with the main branch as reference in new code period setting.
What we need is exactly this but it should be compared with the main branch code < 90 days old,
So that we get same coverage % in feature branch before and after it is merged into reference/main branch.

Please help on how we can achieve this.

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

7.9.5 → 8.9.6 → 9.3 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

Once you’ve upgraded, you will find that branching concepts and the New Code Period have changed. If you still have questions after upgrade, feel free to come back and re-frame the question in light of the changes.

Ann

Thanks for the update. Could you please tell me if the problem that I have mentioned in this post will be resolved in the latest versions?