We’re seeing some very odd behaviour within SonarCloud where code duplication is increasing for every PR submitted for review.
In one PR that had a single character change in a single line of code, SonarCloud is reporting 32% code duplication on new lines of code. This is very confusing to the developers.
Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:
- ALM used: GitHub
- CI system used: Jenkins (Linux Foundation - EdgeX Foundry)
- Scanner command used when applicable: Unknown
- Languages of the repository: Go
- Only if the SonarCloud project is public: EdgeX SonarCloud PR 1781
- PR Request: http://PR #1817
- Error observed:
- Steps to reproduce: submit a new pr with go module
- Potential workaround: Create new SonarCloud Quality Gate that removes Duplicated Lines (%) and set that QG as Default.