Code Analysis Error after upgrade to 9.8

I have recently upgraded from 9.7 to 9.8 Community Edition running on Windows 2012 R2. We use Azure DevOps 2020 build server for performing SonarQube code analysis.

After the upgrade, the Code Analysis step reports several errors.
2023-01-02T23:36:22.7786462Z ##[error]ERROR: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
ERROR: Occurred while linting E:/TFSBuild_Directory/39/s//Scripts/VersionManagement.js:344
ERROR: Rule: “unverified-hostname”
ERROR: at getFullyQualifiedName (E:\TFSBuild_Directory\39.sonarqube\out.sonar.sonartmp\eslint-bridge-bundle\package\lib\linting\eslint\rules\helpers\module.js:86:31)
ERROR: at getFullyQualifiedName (E:\TFSBuild_Directory\39.sonarqube\out.sonar.sonartmp\eslint-bridge-bundle\package\lib\linting\eslint\rules\helpers\module.js:154:20)

I have included the full error log for inspection. Anyone else running into this issue?

SonarQube server information:
SonarQube ID information
Server ID: <server_ID>
Version: 9.8.0.63668
Date: 2023-01-03

sonarqube_error.txt (100.9 KB)

Hi,

Could you provice the full analysis log?

The analysis / scanner log is what’s output from the analysis command. Hopefully, the log you provide - redacted as necessary - will include that command as well.

This guide will help you find them.

Ann

Ann - the documentation in the link provided wasn’t very informative on finding the location of the scanner/sensor logs. Here is the log file from Azure DevOps from the Code Analysis task.
sonarqube_error.txt (100.9 KB)

Hi,

Thanks for the log. You seem to be on up-to-date versions of everything, so I’m going to flag this for more expert attention.

Ann

Hello JB,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Would it be possible to share with us the file that provoked the crash of our analyzer? E:/TFSBuild_Directory/39/s//Scripts/VersionManagement.js

If you prefer, you can share it with me privately, I will send you my email address.

Best Regards,
Ilia

Hello @jtbatzer,

Thanks for reporting this, indeed this is a newly introduced bug. It will be fixed in the next release of the JS analysis engine. I have opened a ticket to keep track of it.

Cheers,
Victor

1 Like