Can't analyze Objective-C .m and .h file

sonarcfamily

(Brian Haret) #1

I’m evaluating sonarsource and trying to analyze some Objective-C code. Specifically just one .m and .h file. When doing this I get:

ERROR: Property “sonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output” was not specified.

The only way to get an accurate analysis of your C/C++/Objective-C project is by using the SonarSource build-wrapper and by setting this property.

If for any reason, the use of the build-wrapper is not possible on your project, you can bypass it with the help of the “sonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output.bypass=true” property. By using that property, you’ll switch to an “at best” mode that could result in false-positives and false-negatives.

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi,

It’s not clear what your question is. Here are the docs in case you’re looking for help getting started with the Build Wrapper.

Ann

(Brian Haret) #3

That essentially answers my question. I was able to analyze Swift code without additional steps and was unaware that added config and build eaves dropping was required. I didn’t necessarily want to analyze an entire project. Is there a way to limit files being analyzed?
Thanks.

(G Ann Campbell) #4

Hi,

Try this: https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/project-administration/narrowing-the-focus/

Ann

(Brian Haret) #5

Thanks Ann.
Brian