Can I override Sonar quality gate failures?

Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:

• ALM used
    GitHub
  • CI system used
    CircleCI
  • Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked)
  • Languages of the repository
    Java & Kotlin
  • Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL
    • And if you need help with pull request decoration, then the URL to the PR too
  • Error observed (wrap logs/code around with triple quotes ``` for proper formatting)
  • Steps to reproduce
  • Potential workaround

Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!
My organization uses a quality gate as a blocking mechanism for Github PRs. We’d like to extend the gate to include some code coverage conditions but would like to understand how we may go about overriding a failed quality gate in extenuating circumstances. We’d like to enable a subset of users in our organization this capability or something functionally equivalent. Can someone please advise how we might achieve this?

Hi,

This functionality doesn’t exist. I’m going to move this thread to Product Manager for a Day.

Ann

I see, this constraint is prohibitive from us taking advantage of the feature to the extent we’d like. Are there plans to work on something like this or does the team have any suggestions on how others have managed to accomplish something similar?

@Luke_Pinto as a workaround github repo admins can merge the branch even if there is a Scan failure.

1 Like