C# unit test results not displayed, only Angular test results are displayed

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Sonar: Enterprise Version 7.9.1 (build 27448)
Scanner: sonar-scanner-msbuild-4.8.0.12008-netcoreapp3.0

The application is a dotnet solution which has C# and Angular Typescript code. I see consolidated metrics for both languages for code analysis and code coverage, however, i only see unit test results for Angular. C# unit test execution results do NOT show up.

C# generates its own set of code coverage and unit test result files
Angular generates its own set of code coverage and unit test result files

For some reason, Sonar is able to consolidate the code coverage for C# and Angular but fails to consolidate the unit test result files.

While, I can’t share the code base, below configurations are used. I have verified the UT result files are being created and uploaded to the server but the last file seems to override the first i.e. C# UT result is loaded first and it seems to get overridden by the Angular UT file

For Coverage, the properties are (this works fine, I see consolidated coverage)
# C# coverage report
- sonar.cs.opencover.reportsPaths=**/TestResults/**/coverage.opencover.xml
# Angular coverage report (note: generic test result format)
- sonar.typescript.lcov.reportPaths=ClientApp\coverage\ClientApp\lcov.info

For Unit test results, the properties are
# C# UT results
- sonar.cs.vstest.reportsPaths=**/TestResults/**/*.trx
# Angular UT results
- sonar.testExecutionReportPaths=ab.xy.API\clientapp\reports\ut_converted_report.xml

Questions
1) Why don’t I see consolidated unit test results for C# and Angular?
2) How come I see consolidated coverage? There are 2 files for coverage as well, how come one doesn’t override the other?

Comparing the coverage and UT properties, the only difference i see is - angular UT results are in generic test result format whereas neither coverage reports uses the generic coverage format. Could this be causing the issue?

If I convert C# UT result into generic test result format, will consolidated test results be displayed?

This issue seems similar to what i am facing. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to have been a resolution for it

Hi,

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

7.9.1 → 8.9.8 → 9.5 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If your error persists after upgrade, please come back to us.

Ann

I see, that is out of my hands since sonar upgrade is handled by an enterprise team.

However, I see similar issue reported by Generic Report Execution with CSharp TRX Files - #6 by delixfe and it seems like the issue continues to be see in Sonar: 9.3 (build 51899)
dotnet-sonarscanner: 5.5.1