C# multiple projects - Only analize the one with the "sonar.inclusion"

Hello.

I am using SonarQube Community Edition Version 8.9.10 and Sonar Scanner for MSBuild (5.13.0.66756-net5.0)

I have a folder containing multiple C# projects with a single .sln file, which usually takes around 12 seconds for compiling (after dotnet clean).

When using sonarqube, I am encountering very slow performance (over 1 minute just for the build),since it seems that every project is scanned even though it has no changes.
In order to manage this, I am trying to use sonar.inclusions to filter out which files to scan. However, by looking at the log during the build phase, it seems that every project is again checked for issues, consuming a lot of time. Also, it seems like everything gets recompiled unline when building normally.

For example, this row is in the build output:
Sonar: (monocromo.example.API.slmp.csproj) Project processed successfully

However, the sonar.inclusions path given does not include the path monocromo.example.API.slmp.csproj. Why does it need to scan it then?
Is there any way to speed up the scanning process in my situation?
Thank you a lot

Hi,

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.9.10 → 9.9.3 → 10.3 (last step optional)

You may find these resources helpful:

If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If your error persists after upgrade, please come back to us.