Bypass sso for admin user

Hello,

We are planning to implement SAML SSO inbuilt feature in SonarQube, for non sso user ie admin user could you please let me know the way to bypass SSO?

Hi @Ramya_Yarru ,

you can use multiple authentication provider with sonarqube, so when you configure SAML, you login window will still allow you to choose the option “more options” to use the embedded authentication from sonarqube

i hope that clarifies your question

@sonarsourcers Is there an possibility to disable More Options and provide a dedicated URL for direct login instead of giving on same page.

Hi @jagadeesh2,

If I’m not wrong, you want SSO users to get redirected to IDP, while native users should be able to access the login page. As per my knowledge, SonarQube doesn’t have such a provision.

I would recommend you give a try to miniOrange SAML SSO premium plugin once. It has a provision to force redirect all SSO users directly to the IDP, while other users can use a backdoor URL to get access to the login page. Not only this but also it also has a lot of additional features. You can refer to this document mO SonarQube SSO 3 to get started.

For further details, reach out to miniOrange HelpDesk, or drop an email on: support-atlassian@miniorange.atlassian.net . We’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,
Himanshu