Build-wrapper-dump.json empty c++ wrapper

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    Hi,

Using Sonar-scanner 4.3, Sonarqube 8.3.1 and the C wrapper. I am running two commands and one outputs the compiler data in the build-wrapper-dump.json file as expected, the other returns an error that the file is empty, which I confirmed.
One build uses arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc This is outputing the data correctly.
The other build uses gcc-8 and nothing is output.

I am wondering if this is what is causing the issue or if it is something else? Do you have any recommendations on how to get it to work with the latter?

Thanks,

Tommy

Hello @Tommy_Haggerty,

Can you share the .log and .json generated by this command. Both should be in the specified build-wrapper output directory.

Are you making sure that the command passed to build wrapper clean build your project?
gcc-8 is supported this shouldn’t be the cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Hi,

Is there an email I can send the .log and .json file to? The wrapper should be in the correct place and the build is cleaned before it is wrapped and built. We are building multiple configurations at the same time using the same script. The builds using this configuration are the only ones returning an empty dump file.

Thanks,

Tommy

@Tommy_Haggerty, I sent you a PM where you can share the files.

A post was split to a new topic: “build-wrapper-dump.json” file was found empty with GCC compiler