Build Fails Stack Overflow Exception

Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:

• ALM - Azure DevOps)
  • CI system used (Azure DevOps)
  • Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked) - Unknown
  • Languages of the repository - C#
  • Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL
    • And if you need help with pull request decoration, then the URL to the PR too
  • Error observed (wrap logs/code around with triple quotes ``` for proper formatting)
  • Steps to reproduce - kick off build with SonarCloud Tasks in pipeline
  • Potential workaround - Not at this point

Related Topics
StackOverflow error running analysis [Re-titled from “Mismatched MVID”] - SonarCloud - Sonar Community (sonarsource.com)

I have a pipeline with SonarCloud, and get the follwoing error

##[error]C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual ##[error]C…: Error : Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.

In other thread it was recommended to exclude the project that uses the Google.Protobuf libraries from the scan. This isn’t an option for me, because the assembly that is failing is part of the application and required to be scanned before delivery.

What version of Google.Protobuf is used by SonarCloud?

Hey there.

Could you provide more logs? One line isn’t enough – and the full error (including context about where the scan failed) would be a big help.

I am able to scan. I excluded several projects and then will work back to find out which project is causing the Stack overflow issue. Sorry for not adding more extensive log. I will update once I recreate issue with minimal projects.