ALM used (Bitbucket Cloud)
CI system used (Jenkins)
Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked)
Languages of the repository (dotnet)
message is too long: 5027
I’m doing a manual scan for a dotnet solution with many projects. We’ve been scanning repos with multiple projects without issues until today. Does sonarcloud output logs elsewhere? Or is there a limit on how many projects can be scanned as a single analysis? This message came from the background tasks error page.
Welcome to the community!
It looks like a long warning is generated in the processing of the report of this analysis, causing it to fail. I think we should improve this behavior (truncate the warning), I created an internal ticket to improve this.
To unblock your situation, I have some ideas:
- Please check the output when you execute the scan. If you see warnings (especially a high number of warnings of similar type but on a large number of files), try to eliminate them. For example:
- you could exclude some files that seem troublesome, generating many warnings
- you could exclude larger chunks of files (entire packages) to narrow down the surface of the analysis to discover the source of the problem
- in your experiments, look for very long warnings generated on the SonarCloud UI
- If the previous method doesn’t help you find the cause of the problem (the one problem that generates an oversized warning message), then I will need to know the CE task id that fails with this message to try to investigate at our side. If your project is private, let me know and I’ll start a private thread where you can share it.
Thank you Janos! Will give this a try and see how it goes. You are right that it is a private project. I’ll report back once I get to trying out the suggestions.