Azure DevOps Multi Branch Setup: Solution of one Branch impacting solution of other Branch

HI all,

We have multiple repo and for every repo multiple main branches. For Every Repo currently we have two main branch one for Regulars Development and One for hotfix and PR process is enabled in both the branches. Due to some reason multiple check-in is being done on both the branches through PR and we are on sonarQube Developer edition and enabled the Pull request Decoration.

Issues We are facing:

When We are creating PR for Development branch and after completing it. we are getting duplicate code issues for hotfix branch PR.

My concerns is If Duplicate Issue was there then how come it went to Development branch and why it is impacting all PRs of Hotfix branch now even if in those PRs people have not worked on related files.

PR Process is enabled on both branch.
We are not allowing more than 3% of duplicate code in SonarQube quality gate.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

What version of SonarQube are you using? If you’re not sure, you can check your page footer. Also, what is your DevOps platform (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, …)?

To make sure I understand: when there are multiple commits on a PR, the issues in the PR are annotated on the PR multiple times? I guess this happens once for each “extra” commit after the PR is initially analyzed?

Thx,
Ann