Automatic analysis: The main branch has no lines of code

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but we are hitting an issue similar to the one reported in the thread below [1]. Just as the title tells, we are getting the The main branch has no lines of code message as if there is no code in our master branch, but up until April 30 master was properly scanned and the above mentioned message was not displayed.

The last Scan ID associated with master is AXklN2GEqh4oxxJ2kgIj

All other branches are scanned and we are getting the usual security related messages as expected when static analysis does find issues.

Please let us know how we can sort this out.

Thank you.

[1] Automatic analysis The main branch has no lines of code

Hi @springzen

Do you have a date / time to give me for this analysis ID please ? Also, are you using AutoScan ?

Hello Mickaƫl,

Thank you for your reply.
The ID AXklN2GEqh4oxxJ2kgIj took place on April 30, 2021 at 4:57:37 PM (I assume this is PDT, our local time)
I am not familiar with the AutoScan feature. How would I know if I am using it?

Thank you,
/.Will

Hi @springzen

I just saw ā€œAutomatic analysisā€ on the title of you thread, thatā€™s why :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll have a look at our internal logs.

In the mean time, would you ming sharing the debug logs of an analysis leading to that please ? I can DM you if you want to share it privately, let me know.

Hello Mickaƫl,

Apologies about the title. It was a typical copy/paste error. I have simply copied the title from the article referenced on my initial post. Our scanning started to work since my post was made. As of yesterday, all scanning started to work again. We modified nothing on our part.
This leads me to the debug logs. How do I access them. As for posting them in a public forum may be problematic. Once I know how to access the logs I can send them to you directly.

Thank you,
/.Will

Hi @springzen

If itā€™s working again, you might have been impacted by this incident : SonarCloud Status - Source code might be excluded from analyses

Which is now solved. Does that speak to you ?

Mickaƫl

Hello Mickaƫl,

That seems to at least rhyme with what we were seeing. At the moment, every time I access our master branch, everything is back to normal.

Thank you so much for all your help.
Cheers,
/.Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.