Another empty build-wrapper-dump.json question

build-wrapper.log (5.0 MB)

BLUF: build-wrapper-dump.json is empty:

(C) SonarSource SA, 2014-2022, info@sonarsource.com
All SONARSOURCE programs and content are copyright protected.
SONARSOURCE and SONARQUBE are trademarks of SonarSource SA. All rights are expressly reserved.
This file is designed exclusively for use with the SONARSOURCE C / C++ / Objective-C Plugin.
It may not be used in connection with any other software.
Any other use is prohibited by law and may be grounds for immediate termination of your License.
{
“version”:“6.32”,
“captures”:[
]}

• We are still using Enterprise v 9.4 with the wrapper that comes with that version.
    • Windows 10 64-bit build environment
    • Arm64 target board
    • GHS MULTI 7.1.6 / Integrity compiler v2022.1.4
  • Not even to the deployment stage, just trying to get the wrapper to work.
  • At this point just trying to get the build-wrapper-dump.json to be non-empty - will eventually be Gitlab CI/CD pipeline

I’ve tried the build-wrapper with gbuild and cmake:

build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir c:\sonar-output gbuild -all -verbose

and

cmake -G “Green Hills MULTI” -A arm64 -T c:/ghs/comp_202214 -D GHS_OS_DIR=c:/ghs/int1179teledyne -D GHS_BSP_NAME=devtree-arm64 …

followed by

build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir c:\sonar-output cmake --build . --clean-first --verbose

Found out the ‘hard way’ that Cmake with Green Hills doesn’t support the EXPORT COMPILE COMMANDS option

I’m seeing an error in the log file happening multiple times:

Thu Apr 27 08:08:31 2023: process created with pid: 16592
Thu Apr 27 08:08:31 2023: image path name: <??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\conhost.exe>
Thu Apr 27 08:08:31 2023: command line: <??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\conhost.exe 0x4>
Thu Apr 27 08:08:31 2023: working directory: <C:\WINDOWS>
Thu Apr 27 08:08:31 2023: isWow64: 0
Thu Apr 27 08:08:31 2023 - ERROR: error getting long path name: 2
Thu Apr 27 08:08:31 2023: skipping process ??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\conhost.exe with pid: 16592

A search of these forums showed similar issues some were having a while back, but I couldn’t identify a resolution for my issue.

I’ve attached my entire build log in the hopes someone can help.

Hey there.

Green Hills is not a supported compiler.

We would genuinely like to support it, but unfortunately GreenHills declined to work with us. Jetbrains runs into this same issue.

We keep our fingers crossed that someday, we can support users like you.

If it’s possible to compile with another compiler, it might let you analyze your code as-is.

:warning: Make sure you upgrade to SonarQube v9.9 LTS soon, not only to benefit from our Best LTS Ever™, but because soon we will systematically ask users to upgrade when they ask questions about earlier versions of SonarQube, which are now considered unsupported. :smiley: