Analyze entire Solution Manually

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • SonarLint plugin version: 10.3.0.77475
  • Programming language you’re coding in: C#
  • Is connected mode used: SonarQube 9.9LTS

The analysis in Rider works perfectly fine. However, I want to analyze the entire solution. It happens, that I have more than 10 Projects in a solution and regularly I need to check Problems directly in the IDE. I also know, that there is the functionality to check a project, which also works like a charm. However, there is, from my point of view, no way to check the entire solution. I wouldn’t mind if this takes a couple of minutes for the result, but manually going over each project is just insane.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

You’re looking for SonarQube or SonarCloud, which were built to analyze the entire solution.

HTH,
Ann

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I know, that everything is already displayed in SonarQube (in my case), how ever it makes, from a developer point of view, sense to check for errors BEFORE stuff has been pushed to the branch.

In my case, code is moved from one repository to another and then pushed to the correct branch (-> SQ). Therefore, SonarLint does not show any warnings automatically, like it should during development. Therefore, it makes sense to analyze the entire solution beforehand. There is already a button to analyze an entire project. It is literally just the functionality to run it on the entire solution.

Hi,

Your use case isn’t clear to me.

If it’s moved without changes, then… you already know the issues from it’s last analysis. And if you’re changing it as you move it, SonarLint is raising issues as you type…?

Also, this sounds like a case for PR analysis.

Ann

I have one repository, which is not checked by any way by SonarQube. So basically treat it as “dirty” code, which might have SQ issues. This code is then moved to the other repository, which is checked by SonarQube. Therefore SonarLint needs to check the project first, so I can make the code “clean”. Only clean code is allowed to be pushed, which means, that the change is not reflected on SQ in the first hand.

It all comes back down, to one simple question: is there a way to trigger a scan on the entire solution? Yes/No.

Hi,

No.

HTH,
Ann