All sonarcloud jobs failing today starting at 10:45am CT

  • ALM / CI system used: Gitlab
  • Scanner command used when applicable sonar-scanner or ./mvnw sonar:sonar -Dsonar.projectKey=triValence_scm-spring -Dmaven.repo.local=$MAVEN_USER_HOME -Dsonar.qualitygate.wait=true
  • Languages of the repository: java and angular
  • Error observed (wrap logs/code around with triple quotes ``` for proper formatting)

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.9.1.2184:sonar (default-cli) on project scm-api: Project not found. Please check the 'sonar.projectKey' and 'sonar.organization' properties, the 'SONAR_TOKEN' environment variable, or contact the project administrator -> [Help 1]

ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
ERROR: Project not found. Please check the 'sonar.projectKey' and 'sonar.organization' properties, the 'SONAR_TOKEN' environment variable, or contact the project administrator

We haven’t changed anything on our side. I did try updating the SONAR_TOKEN to no avail.

I’ve verified the API keys are working for both projects by configuring the SonarLint plugin in Intellij and both are able to connect to the org and list projects.

Interestingly enough, as the day progressed I noticed the sonarcloud analysis job is failing on merge request / branch pipelines, but not on main…

Hey there.

Have you checked that your token under organization-level Administration > Organization Settings > GitLab connectivity management is still valid?

Hi Colin,
image

Thanks.

Can you provide more logs around when the error occurs, so we can understand when in the scanning process you receive the error message?

I’m attaching logs that show a success when running on main and a failure when running on a merge request for an angular app and a springboot java app.

angular_fails_merge_request.log (5.3 KB)
angular_success_main.log (15.4 KB)
java_success_main.log (15.7 KB)
java_failed_merge_request.log (258.6 KB)

We’re experiencing the same problem, also from GitLab Merge Request analysis using the Maven scanner. We receive a link to check the details and the error says “project doesn’t exist”.

CE Task finished abnormally with status: FAILED, you can check details here: https://sonarcloud.io/api/ce/task?id=xxxxx

Our issue has been identified as related to our subscription status. The “project does not exist” error was because I did not have permissions to see the full error.

Thanks @Patrick_Brickey

I’m going to move this to a private message.

Hi @Colin, I’m having the same issue with the github actions pipeline. could you please assist me how can resolve this issue?

INFO: ------------- Run sensors on project
INFO: Sensor Zero Coverage Sensor
INFO: Sensor Zero Coverage Sensor (done) | time=20ms
INFO: SCM Publisher SCM provider for this project is: git
INFO: SCM Publisher 7 source files to be analyzed
INFO: SCM Publisher 7/7 source files have been analyzed (done) | time=145ms
INFO: CPD Executor 27 files had no CPD blocks
INFO: CPD Executor Calculating CPD for 66 files
INFO: CPD Executor CPD calculation finished (done) | time=28ms
INFO: SCM writing changed lines
WARN: File '/github/workspace/src/stripe.config.ts' was detected as changed but without having changed lines
WARN: File '/github/workspace/src/main.ts' was detected as changed but without having changed lines
INFO: SCM writing changed lines (done) | time=76ms
INFO: Analysis report generated in 261ms, dir size=297 KB
INFO: Analysis report compressed in 94ms, zip size=121 KB
INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE
INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO: Total time: 48.278s
INFO: Final Memory: 60M/204M
INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
ERROR: Project not found. Please check the 'sonar.projectKey' and 'sonar.organization' properties, the 'SONAR_TOKEN' environment variable, or contact the project administrator
ERROR: 
ERROR: Re-run SonarScanner using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.