Add Rust language support

We use SonarCloud and we think it is a great product. We have several repositories that use Rust. Please consider adding Rust as your next supported language.

2 Likes

In our org it would be a big issue in determining SonarQube use for our new microservices instead of other solutions

2 Likes

Just up-voted the rust support. Still I wonder: is this feature request only for on-prem Sonarqube or once it is eventually supported, will it be available in Sonarcloud as well?

2 Likes

Very much would love you to add rust support.

We would definitely use sonar if we had Rust language support

3 Likes

@Nicolas_Harraudeau are there news about Rust support? I see other thread about integrate Clippy output but it end in request SARIF or SonarQube output support to Clippy developers, but there is a reply about how to get a JSON output of Clippy. Could at least that output be integrated into SonarCloud while we get Rust language support?

I too would like rust support in Sonar.

We are very keen to see Rust support in SonarCloud. Our codebase now has a significant proportion of Rust and we don’t want to have to move away from Sonar in order to continue to get coverage and linting information.

1 Like

Hi
We are also starting to move away from Java as a development language and looking at possible options the number 1 choice is RUST.
Due to compliance reasons security checks are necessary and therefore we would like to get Rust support in our commercial Sonarqube deployment

I believe adding Rust support would be very beneficial and Sonarqube can likely take advantage of a lot of Rust’s built-in linting features. Especially since Sonarqube supports Open Source development I think adding Rust is a must.

Looks like there is already some community support starting: GitHub - elegoff/sonar-rust: SonarQube plugin to analyze Rust files

2 Likes

I have successfully tested the sonar rust plugin from GitHub - elegoff/sonar-rust: SonarQube plugin to analyze Rust files and it looks fine so far

1 Like

Looks like it’s not possible to use this in sonarcloud, which we are using in our company… :frowning:

1 Like

I guess the SonarCloud is a hosted SonarQube where only “official” plugins are installed.
I once tried to use a groovy analysis on SonarCloud but also did not work because the Groovy plugin is not owned by SonarSource (just assuming)

My assumption seems confirmed by Add custom plugins - #2 by xbourguignon

Sonar Rust plugin v 0.0.4 is out.
It allows importing Clippy Lints as well as some cargo tarpaulin coverage reports
See : GitHub - elegoff/sonar-rust: SonarQube plugin to analyze Rust files

Feedback is welcomed

1 Like

Upvoted this. My company is moving over to Rust and would see the support for this language as a must for Sonarqube. There are large parts of the IT industry adopting Rust (AWS, Microsoft) to name but a few. I would think this is a priority for Sonarsource. We are moving away from more traditional languages such as C# & Java to more functionally orientated language, for a large number of reasons.

1 Like

Just to let you know, I’ve also published a tool to help publishing reports to sonarcloud.io from a Rust project by doing the transformation on the client side.

See the thread.

3 Likes

An upvote from me. Rust is our primary language and Rust support would be very helpful!

1 Like

Another upvote and see the need for Rust support from these articles.

1 Like