Add integration tests to SonarCloud

Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:

• ALM used: GitHub
  • CI system used: Circle CI
  • Scanner command used when applicable: ./gradlew sonar
  • Languages of the repository: Java

Hello,

I have the following Gradle project structure:

• buildSrc - Contains precompiled script plugin with the integrationTest test suit defined.
  • moduleA - imports the precompiled script plugin
  • moduleB - imports the precompiled script plugin
  • build.gradle.kts - root build.gradle that contains the Sonarqube task.

So far everything works fine but I want the integrationTest sources to be analyzed on SonarCloud for code smells and so on. How can I achieve this?

I’ve already combined the JaCoCo coverage report with the one produced by the unit tests.

I’ve also tried adding the sources using the property sonar.tests. It partially works. The sources appear on SonarCloud but the code isn’t analysed.

property("sonar.tests", subprojects.joinToString(separator = ", ") { "${it.projectDir.absolutePath}/src/integrationTest/java" })

Not sure if there is a better way of doing this but this was the only one that worked for me.

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Presumably your IT files are (properly) identified as tests, and thus only a few rules are available to run against them. Unfortunately, most “normal” rules just aren’t applied to tests (despite my repeated attempts).

If you really want them treated as normal source files, you’ll need to override the definition of sonar.sources to include those files. That means, incidentally, that

• test rules won’t be run against them
  • they will increase your License LoC for paid projects.

HTH,
Ann

On Intellij the rules that fail are displayed using SonarLint on SonarCloud which is not the case for the Integration Test files.

Do you think that I may be missing something?

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t understand.

Ann

Using the SonarLint plugin on Intellij my Integration Tests contain errors.

On SonarQube no error is display at all.

Hi,

Do you mean errors or issues?

I believe ‘normal’ rules may be run on tests in some SonarLint situations. That’s not really intended.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann