Hello Java developers,
Our research shows that it’s not always easy for Java developers to embrace the particularities of cloud platform development to create clean cloud-native applications. It’s easy to fall into pitfalls and this is why we added new rules to help you in that domain.
The new rules are:
- S6241 Region should be set explicitly when creating a new “AwsClient”
- S6242 Credentials Provider should be set explicitly when creating a new “AwsClient”
- S6243 AWS Clients and Database connections should be declared outside of the Lambda function.
- S6244 Consumer Builders should be used
- S6246 Lambdas should not invoke other lambdas
- S6262 AWS region should not be set with a hardcoded String
- S6263 Using Long-term access keys are security-sensitive
These rules are available now on SonarCloud.io and will be part of SonarQube 9.6.