SonarLint for IntelliJ: support SonarTS / TypeScript

Hi all,

if I got it correctly SonarLint does not yet check any TypeScript files in IntelliJ IDEA. Even though I’m connected to a server project which shows TypeScript issues they are not visible in the IDE.
Is there a plan to support it? I could only find issues for VSCode and in general.

Regards,
Christian

I too would like to know if this is planned. This is sort of the single feature that is lacking for my use cases.

1 Like

Hi There,

Any update on this?

1 Like

Hi,
I’m interested too.

I try to add the typescript sonar plugin to gradle on project and build my own version and in config appear ts rules but no reports issues on ts files.
Reviewing the code y found UNSUPPORTED_ANALYZERS array when config builder create a sonar engine and I remove typescript from array.

Same result. :frowning_face:

Any suggestion about how add support or when will have official support?

Thx,
Pau

Any plans to add this feature?

Short answer: not right now.

Longer answer: this is definitely something that we want to do. So why not right now?

First, because we are currently consolidating the user experience on our current IDE/languages offering, to maximize the value for a majority of current users - on the JetBrains front, the Java crowd represents a large part of our users and we still have a few wrinkles to iron out.

Then, there is a lot of “under-the-hood” work happening right now on the JS and TS analyzers, and we prefer to wait for the dust to settle on that front, to be able to work on a stable basis for the IntelliJ and/or WebStorm integration.

Finally, we are currently expanding the team, which means we should have more bandwidth allocated to SonarLint next year :slight_smile:

Hi all, SonarLint for IntelliJ 4.6 with support for TypeScript is now available :tada:

Thank you all for participating in this thread!

1 Like

:tada:

And if you enjoy it, we appreciate as well if you can share the love with the TypeScript community!