Sonar is hanging when we upgraded from 7.9.2 to 8.9.3

The build step is hanging after updating sonarqube from 7.9.2 to 8.9.3. Nothing else has changed

The versions:
dotnet: 5.0.403
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.11.2+f32259642 for .NET
Previews SonarQube version: 7.9.2
Current SonarQube version: 8.9.3
sonarscanner version: 5.4

Steps to reproduce:

dotnet sonarscanner begin (with key and token)
dotnet build

Step it is suck on:
CSC : warning S3992: Provide a ‘ComVisible’ attribute for assembly ‘XXXXXXXXX’. [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.csproj]
XXXXXXXXXXXXX-> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.dll
Sonar: (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.csproj) Project processed successfully

Hello @Osama_Haddad . Welcome to the community.

This seems to be a performance problem. Could you please send us the build verbose logs? You can see instructions to get them in: Troubleshooting .NET performance problems.

dotnet build -p:reportanalyzer=true -v:diag

Hi sorry for the late reply. I am afraid that I would not be able to share the logs. but when I added the build verbose I can see it is getting hanged for hours in this area:
(TaskId:393)
2021-12-20T18:16:16.8364219Z /opt/hostedtoolcache/dotnet/dotnet exec “/opt/hostedtoolcache/dotnet/sdk/3.1.406/Roslyn/bincore/csc.dll”

I dont know if this will help.

do you know what rules are added from [7.9.2 to 8.9.3]? because the issue started right after the update nothing else was changed

@Osama_Haddad is the build always hanging at the same point i.e. when processing a specific project?

If so, as a workaround you could try excluding that project by adding <SonarQubeExclude>true</SonarQubeExclude> to the project file.