Plugin probably broken by IntelliJ IDEA 2022.1.4

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • SonarLint plugin version: 6.8.0.50884
  • SonarQube: 8.9.1 (build 44547)
  • IntelliJ IDEA: IntelliJ IDEA 2022.1.4 (Community Edition), Build #IC-221.6008.13, built on July 19, 2022

Probably due to the latest IntelliJ IDEA update the plugin doesn’t work anymore:

Error running SonarLint analysis
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load component class org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.container.analysis.sensor.SensorsExecutor
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.pico.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(ComponentContainer.java:57)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:678)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.pico.ComponentContainer.getComponentByType(ComponentContainer.java:249)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.container.analysis.AnalysisContainer.doAfterStart(AnalysisContainer.java:122)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.pico.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:119)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.pico.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:104)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.container.module.ModuleContainer.analyze(ModuleContainer.java:71)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.command.AnalyzeCommand.execute(AnalyzeCommand.java:58)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.command.AnalyzeCommand.execute(AnalyzeCommand.java:32)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.AnalysisEngine$AsyncCommand.execute(AnalysisEngine.java:152)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.AnalysisEngine.executeQueuedCommands(AnalysisEngine.java:70)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load component class org.sonarsource.kotlin.plugin.KotlinSensor
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.pico.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(ComponentContainer.java:57)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:621)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.parameters.CollectionComponentParameter.getArrayInstance(CollectionComponentParameter.java:334)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.parameters.CollectionComponentParameter.access$100(CollectionComponentParameter.java:49)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.parameters.CollectionComponentParameter$1.resolveInstance(CollectionComponentParameter.java:139)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.parameters.ComponentParameter$1.resolveInstance(ComponentParameter.java:141)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.SingleMemberInjector.getParameter(SingleMemberInjector.java:78)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector$CtorAndAdapters.getParameterArguments(ConstructorInjector.java:309)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector$1.run(ConstructorInjector.java:335)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector$ThreadLocalCyclicDependencyGuard.observe(AbstractInjector.java:270)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.getComponentInstance(ConstructorInjector.java:364)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjectionFactory$LifecycleAdapter.getComponentInstance(AbstractInjectionFactory.java:56)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.behaviors.AbstractBehavior.getComponentInstance(AbstractBehavior.java:64)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored.getComponentInstance(Stored.java:91)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getInstance(DefaultPicoContainer.java:699)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:647)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.pico.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(ComponentContainer.java:55)
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The field 'Max' does not exist or is not annotated with @RuleProperty in the class org.sonarsource.kotlin.checks.TooManyLinesOfCodeFileCheck
	at org.sonar.api.batch.rule.Checks.configureFields(Checks.java:170)
	at org.sonar.api.batch.rule.Checks.instantiate(Checks.java:154)
	at org.sonar.api.batch.rule.Checks.addAnnotatedChecks(Checks.java:128)
	at org.sonarsource.kotlin.plugin.KotlinSensor.<init>(KotlinSensor.kt:70)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector.newInstance(AbstractInjector.java:145)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector$1.run(ConstructorInjector.java:342)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector$ThreadLocalCyclicDependencyGuard.observe(AbstractInjector.java:270)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.getComponentInstance(ConstructorInjector.java:364)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjectionFactory$LifecycleAdapter.getComponentInstance(AbstractInjectionFactory.java:56)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.behaviors.AbstractBehavior.getComponentInstance(AbstractBehavior.java:64)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored.getComponentInstance(Stored.java:91)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getInstance(DefaultPicoContainer.java:699)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:647)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.pico.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(ComponentContainer.java:55)
	... 27 more
3 Likes

I also had the same problem with SonarLInt plugin 6.08.0.50884, IDEA 2022.1.4 and macOS BigSur
idea-2022-1.4.-sonarlint-plugin-issue.log (14.1 KB)

I see the same issue after upgrading to the latest SonarLint plugin on IntelliJ

It seems related to the version of SonarQube: it works with SonarQube 9.4 (build 54424).
I just updated to the latest LTS, which is 8.9.9 (build 56886), and it still doesn’t work.
It’s not easy to move to the 9.* version because of the JDK 11 requirement for the scanner.

Happens for me as well after updating intelliJ and SonarLint pluging:

• Operating system: Mac OS 12.5
  • SonarLint plugin version: 6.8.0.50884
  • SonarQube: 8.9.9 (build 56886)
  • IntelliJ IDEA: IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2 (Ultimate Edition)

Hi there,

Sorry to see many of you are affected by this issue. We are currently looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we know more.

1 Like

Hello, I am encountering the same issue

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The field 'Max' does not exist or is not annotated with @RuleProperty in the class org.sonar.javascript.checks.MaxParameterCheck

• SonarLint plugin version: 7.1.0.54364
  • SonarQube: 8.9.8 (build 54436)
  • IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2.2 (Ultimate Edition:Build #IU-222.4167.29)

Any update on this issue, or any workarounds?

Hello Charles,

This bug was supposed to be fixed in the version we released yesterday, are you sure you use the 7.1.0.54364 ? Could you send us the full analysis logs, containing the full stacktrace please ?
Thanks

Hello,
Apologies : the error I am seeing with the new plugin is different - I just saw the stack trace flash by after upgrading, and assumed it was the same.

Error loading components for plugin 'javascript'
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to register extension org.sonar.api.config.PropertyDefinition from plugin 'javascript'
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.container.SpringComponentContainer.addExtension(SpringComponentContainer.java:222)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.container.SpringComponentContainer.addExtension(SpringComponentContainer.java:37)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.ExtensionInstaller.loadExtensions(ExtensionInstaller.java:64)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.ExtensionInstaller.install(ExtensionInstaller.java:53)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.container.global.AnalysisExtensionInstaller.install(AnalysisExtensionInstaller.java:54)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.container.analysis.AnalysisContainer.addPluginExtensions(AnalysisContainer.java:114)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.container.analysis.AnalysisContainer.doBeforeStart(AnalysisContainer.java:63)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.container.SpringComponentContainer.startComponents(SpringComponentContainer.java:180)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.container.SpringComponentContainer.execute(SpringComponentContainer.java:161)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.container.module.ModuleContainer.analyze(ModuleContainer.java:71)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.command.AnalyzeCommand.execute(AnalyzeCommand.java:58)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.command.AnalyzeCommand.execute(AnalyzeCommand.java:32)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.AnalysisEngine$AsyncCommand.execute(AnalysisEngine.java:153)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analysis.AnalysisEngine.executeQueuedCommands(AnalysisEngine.java:71)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
Caused by: org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionOverrideException: Invalid bean definition with name 'PluginClassLoader(plugin=PluginDescriptor(name=SonarLint, id=org.sonarlint.idea, descriptorPath=plugin.xml, path=~\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2022.2\plugins\sonarlint-intellij, version=7.1.0.54364, package=null, isBundled=false), packagePrefix=null, instanceId=213, state=active)-org.sonar.api.config.PropertyDefinition-sonar.typescript.file.suffixes' defined in null: Cannot register bean definition [Generic bean: class [org.sonar.api.config.PropertyDefinition]; scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=null; autowireMode=0; dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false; factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=null] for bean 'PluginClassLoader(plugin=PluginDescriptor(name=SonarLint, id=org.sonarlint.idea, descriptorPath=plugin.xml, path=~\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2022.2\plugins\sonarlint-intellij, version=7.1.0.54364, package=null, isBundled=false), packagePrefix=null, instanceId=213, state=active)-org.sonar.api.config.PropertyDefinition-sonar.typescript.file.suffixes': There is already [Generic bean: class [org.sonar.api.config.PropertyDefinition]; scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=null; autowireMode=0; dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false; factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=null] bound.
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.registerBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:1004)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.springframework.context.support.GenericApplicationContext.registerBeanDefinition(GenericApplicationContext.java:330)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.registerBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.java:164)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.springframework.context.annotation.AnnotatedBeanDefinitionReader.doRegisterBean(AnnotatedBeanDefinitionReader.java:285)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.springframework.context.annotation.AnnotatedBeanDefinitionReader.registerBean(AnnotatedBeanDefinitionReader.java:233)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.org.springframework.context.annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext.registerBean(AnnotationConfigApplicationContext.java:198)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.container.SpringComponentContainer.registerInstance(SpringComponentContainer.java:106)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.container.SpringComponentContainer.addExtension(SpringComponentContainer.java:122)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.plugin.commons.container.SpringComponentContainer.addExtension(SpringComponentContainer.java:220)
	... 14 more
[sonar-lint-anlysis.log|attachment](upload://pRim0AGr0ThKeiZH4Xo2cN1pHXX.log) (1.0 MB)

I’ve attached the log - it appears to be weirdly intermittent.

Best Wishes,

Charles

sonar-lint-anlysis.log (1.0 MB)

I think the upload got scrambled in the message…

Hey again,

Could you check what is returned by <your-server-url>/api/plugins/installed please ? Is the sonar-typescript-plugin installed ?

Hi,

I’ve attached the installed sonar plugins - no, sonar-typescript-plugin is not there, as far as I can see - but it’s also not listed in the marketplace for installation either…

sonar-plugins.json (20.8 KB)

Could you search in your IntelliJ system storage folder (see how to find it), then go to sonarlint/storage/XXX/plugins/ and check if the sonar-typescript-plugin jar is present ? The jar should not be present, it is a leftover from a previous synchronization with the server and should have been deleted. I suspect this is causing the error.

You can try to remove the sonarlint/storage/XXX/plugins folder and update the local storage from the SonarLint > Project settings menu. The error should disappear.

We should probably do something about it on our side, I will let you confirm first.

I also found this other thread that you had opened to report this same error and I forgot to answer, sorry about that.

I did find that jar; I deleted it and Updated the local storage, and I haven’t seen a stacktrace yet…

I suspect that’s fixed it : thanks!

Thanks for confirming this. I did a bit more investigation, in fact this error is noisy but has no real consequence, SonarLint will work normally. In a future version we will make sure to remove this noise.

Thanks a lot for helping us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.