Older default java version used with Azure devops Hosted agent

A quick fix to this would be to post and resolve the comment on the PR - that way it doesn’t prevent auto-completion of builds.

I agree with @gregpakes that the task should search for the best version of Java - there are environment variables to enable that, i.e. JAVA_HOME_11_X64.

3 Likes

We are experiencing the same PR comments as well. Posting here @mickaelcaro to follow progress on improvements to this based on your last comment.

Having the SonarCloud task be able to identify where required Java version is installed would be ideal as our build agent already has Java 11 on it just not being used. (using MS-hosted Windows Server 2016 w/ VS 2017)

1 Like

Hello there,

We acknowledged your feedback and made some changes

• The comment is now posted as CLOSED, so it shouldn’t be an issue anymore with autocomplete
  • If you are using an hosted agent, and if the JAVA_HOME_11_X64 is available, then it will be used for the analysis only.

Mickaël

6 Likes

These sound like good improvements to me. Any indication on when it is released? Or has it already been released?

Hi, these changes are already live :wink:

2 Likes

@mickaelcaro - Fantastic outcome. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.