Code coverage for the current build versus the build triggered previous minus last build

Hi,

Thanks for providing a detailed scenario. I see multiple questions here. As a best practice we try to keep it to one question per thread because otherwise it can get very tangled and difficult to know what’s answered satisfactorily and what’s still outstanding. Nonetheless, I’ll do my best here, but if you have followups on multiple questions I do ask that you open new threads.

For this you’re going to need to do all your testing before analysis runs, and then feed your unified report into analysis. As a side note, support for the .exec coverage report format is deprecated; replaced by XML. And, you can easily import multiple XML reports without the need to run a consolidator. Details in the docs.

I think what this boils down to is that you can’t access historical values for Coverage on New Code and that’s messing up the ability to do the comparisons you want to do. If I’ve correctly interpreted that, then no those historical “on New Code” values aren’t going to be available because we don’t store them. We don’t see the point saying that the “Coverage on New Code was 73% a year ago”. On New Code values are about right now.

If you’re going to do this, you need to make sure you check out the code from a month ago. Analysis will read its blame data from the checked out code, so this is not about the state of the SCM server.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like