Can Sonarlint's Use the EditorConfig File in VS2019?

Hi all,

I’m using the Sonarlint’s Visual Studio 2019 extension version 4.32.0.32570. Whenever I installed the extension initially, it checked out every projects .ruleset file in the solution. However, recently, whenever I look at the ruleset on a project, it gives me the following warning:

Looking more into it, “Starting in Visual Studio 2019 version 16.5, ruleset files are deprecated in favor of the EditorConfig file for analyzer configuration for managed code.” (Analyzer configuration - Visual Studio | Microsoft Docs). Using a single .editorconfig file at the root of the solution is appealing because we have a TON of projects and every project at this point uses the same default SonarWay ruleset.

My question is, can Sonarlint’s extension also use just the editorconfig file or do I need to leave the ruleset files alone until the extension gets an update (or is it even planned to get an update on that?)

Thanks,

You’ll have to stay with ruleset files for the time being, I’m afraid. See this thread for more information.

1 Like

Ah sorry for the duplicate post! I tried searching for a thread, but didn’t see that one. Thank y’all for looking into it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.