- version 8.7.1 SonarQube
- I created two security groups : sonar-administrators en sonar-quality-users
- Both groups have exactly de same rights (they are almighty they have all rights)
- I create a user account which is not linked to any LDAP
- I put this user in sonar-administrators groups and I can create and edit Portfolio. I can see “Portfolio settings button”
- Then, I removed the user from sonar-administror and I put him inside sonar-quality-users and I can create Portfolio at will. But the settings button “Portfolio settings” never appeared.
Have you any explanation to this strange behavior ?
Hi @Aurelien_Tricoire ,
The permissions for your sonar-quality-users probably does not have the same administrative rights to portfolios as sonar-administrators. Can you show screenshots of those 2 groups and their “Global Permissions”?
Hi @Joe ,
As you can see, there are perfectly the same.
Hello @Aurelien_Tricoire ,
Can you post a screenshot of the portfolio’s permission settings (portfolio > Portfolio Settings > Permissions)?
Hi @Joe ,
It solves my issue.
I learnt that you need to create as administrator the portfolio and then apply portfolio permission to the sonar-quality-users group.
I thought it was sufficient to tick permission in Security menu. This is what I understood by reading the document. Maybe the documentation need an update ?
Thanks for confirming your solution! I agree that perhaps we should update the documentation.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.