Web server cannot start if *.jar files plugins exists in extensions/plugins/ dir

Hi,

Our plugins were manually installed on our SonarQube server and we were able to see them via Administration > Marketplace > Installed.
After I updated my SonarQube server version, Sonar was not able to start properly.
I found out the root cause on my container in /opt/sonarqube/logs/web.log (please check the errors below)

• versions used : Developer Edition Version 8.9 (build 43852) - Docker Edition Docker Hub - deployed on ECS (EC2 version) with RDS
  • 2021.05.10 16:08:14 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed: Found a plugin 'Vulnerability Analysis' in the directory 'extensions/plugins' with the same key [security] as a built-in feature 'Vulnerability Analysis'. Please remove 'extensions/plugins/sonar-security-plugin-8.4.0.2759.jar'.
  • 2021.05.10 16:08:14 INFO web[][o.s.p.ProcessEntryPoint] Hard stopping process
  • Reproduce : restart docker container with existing *.jar files in /opt/sonarqube/extensions/plugins/
  • Workaround : remove every *.jar files in /opt/sonarqube/extensions/plugins/

Now my server is up and running but I can not see my plugins on SonarQube > Administration > Marketplace > Installed and my folder /opt/sonarqube/extensions/plugins/ is now empty.

Thank you for your help

Take a look here.

https://community.sonarsource.com/t/sonarqube-v8-5-and-beyond-where-did-all-the-plugins-go/32792/2

1 Like