We need to analyse the repositories in the Bitbuket server

New to this project, please advise.

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• Developer Edition * Version 8.4.2 (build 36762)* LGPL v3
  • trying to enable sonarqube in bitbucket server * Bitbucket v6.0.3
  • We have enabled the ALM integration on the sonarqube server , can pull the data from th ebitbucket server.
  • but we need to analyse the repositories in the Bitbuket server , but we are not getting any addon or option to enable this.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

You’ll need to configure analysis in your CI/CD. Typically people add it to their existing build jobs.

Does that make sense?

Ann

Hi Ann,

A clarification is it to be configured in webhooks ? in side project repository settings

Hi,

How do you build your projects?

Ann

we are having an on premisses Bitbucket server, Bitbucket v6.0.3, we are creating repositories in this server

Hi,

Have you set up pipelines for your repositories?

Ann

1 Like

Hi Ann,

i am new to bitbucket, in the server, there is no option setup pipeline, i went through multiple articles but no help , will the server 6.0.3 support pipeline setup

Hi,

To be honest, I’ve never used BitBucket server. The internet tells me that it has CI capabilities.

The bottom line is that just having SonarQube plus a code repository isn’t enough. You need a CI system (like Jenkins or the CI pipelines in Bitbucket Server(?)) to connect them. I’ll talk about Jenkins since I have some (old) experience there.

In Jenkins I would set up a job to be notified when my repository has changes. The Jenkins job would then:

• check out the repository
  • build the code
  • run the SonarQube analysis

That’s the core. It’s on top of that that you build things like PR decoration.

Does that make sense?

Ann

1 Like

Hi Ann , we do have jerkins, will check and update you back

HI Anna,

we installed Sonar app and configured it works with the in house hosted bitbucket , thank you! for the support.