Using SonarQube to find all functions' source file path

Hello everyone,

Excuse me for being very unknowledgeable and new to SonarQube.

I am trying to implement a functionality where I can analyze a static project, and output all the functions it will run along with the file path that it is defined in.
For example, if the project looks like this:

• main.java
    |
  • helper.java
    running this functionality would detect the methods called, and will be able to output where they were defined, regardless of it was defined in main.java or helper.java. Obviously the actual projects would be a lot more complicated. I would like this functionality to be available for multiple languages (at least Java, and JavaScript).

To solve the issue, I initially tried to write my own programs using parser libraries to create ATS, then traversing through them. But it was rather inefficient for me to write one for every language, and it did not function that well too.

I am currently just trying to test out if SonarQube has this functionality, so I am using the ZIP deployed, Community edition, 10.3.0.82913

Any input would be appreciated, thank you all.

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

SonarQube isn’t really structured for what you’re trying to accomplish.

Ann