- I upgraded SonarQube 7.9 to 8.1 on an Ubuntu 18.04 (100k line paid edition)
- I found that I got a new server ID, thus I had to contact the friendly folks at SonarQube support to get a new license file.
- I configured the new 8.1 on the same Linux box as where I had the 7.9 version. I made an error with my tokens and chose to redo the 8.1 installation since I was not very far into it.
- I moved the 8.1 away and installed in the same with into the same /opt/sonarqube-22.214.171.124237/ as where I started.
- When I then checked the new instance it was identified with a new yet another server ID - even though the first and second installation of SonarQube 8.1 was made on the same server, same directory etc. Very odd!
- After reverting back to the first 8.1 installation - I managed to delete the wrong tokens, and got back on track, but I was a bit annoyed to see yet another server ID after both of the two re-installs.
Have others seen this behaviour?